Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AOE3 stories

Go down 
+7
Tom_L
SA_Osiris_
Kong Harald 6.
Oxydizer
Heatedforce
Darren1
BassetMan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

Number of posts : 604

AOE3 stories - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 pm

I played a fun minimap game on aoe the other day. One civ gets about 50 petards while the other gets one shrine and a bunch of hussars and the goal of the civ with the hussars is to stop the petards from destroying the shrine. If you have the petards the idea is you try to split them up and come in from both sides. But a good hussar play will be scouting all aruond his shrine and see anything coming near and stuff. Is cool.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

Number of posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:51 am

Lol... you guys are newbs... If it was a long NR Treaty.... mix some units up insted of spamming 1 unit... .FLANK THEM FOR GOD SAKES D:<
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am

I usually just get imperial muskets, imperial life guards, imperial grenadiers and royale culverins. Sometimes i get yeomen and go for imperial l/bow too, but they don't fare too well end game and even get taken down by HI.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

zellus, Back them up with cannon, mix in dragoon/musk with themspam some pike to send forward and take the fire and they rape xD
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am

haha so much microoo!
i'm too used to gathering a group of troops by double clicking a unit.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Thats how I do it.

Just number the pike and send them all in front of all your unitss. Let the ranged units fire, and the enemies ranged units can kill the sucky pikes xD
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am

most civs cant upgrade pikes past veteran?
shitty health?

wouldn't you be better of using that pop on imperial units?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

No? The point is to get them killed. As on of the cheapest units to build, Id rather have the enemies kill them than my musks that cost like 4x the food and more gold =/

Point is to use em as a meatshield. Plus ranged inf suck in hand to hand anyway so the second the pike get there....
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:14 pm

yeah last night me, shotta, and my cousin(yes he is back) played a 3v3 nb i got spies as always and saw the dutch noob spammed 150 halbs. so in turn i made 48 halbs and 50 imp muskets.

no matter how ass the halb is... still makes a great meat shield lol. and before treaty was i positioned my halbs right on his and my muskets right behind them. shotta came up and put 20 dopps in the mix with his 50 skirms in the back. and zanex defended against the brits guy.

so the dutch noob says "you might as well delete those halbs because mine are gunna tear them up." and at the end of that first battle i had 12 halbs left, all 150 of his were dead, and i lost 2 muskets.

meat shield = cute and cuddly by the way.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:56 pm

If you like red terrain and chucked up people >.>
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 am

haha nice. Well i think i'd me more inclined to use halbs as meat sheild since i always seem to end up running out of wood in treaty games because simply all the trees are gone.

Have i told you guys my way to turtle in treaty games?
Once your eco is set and you have all your villies and ships going with all your eco upgrades and the market upgrades and the capitol upgrades and shiz get 2 villies and click the wall option and go around the boundaries of your area of treaty making small like wall bits (those small stumps) at the very limit of your treaty aura so that in the end you will have a circular series of wall stumps around your base that shows you how far your treaty allows you to build. Then you simply play connect the dots and build complete walls between them. Do 2 more layers then leave some space for an outpost every couple of metres and mass barracks, stables and artillery foundaries. Once those are up Wall up your eco until your happy and send the villies that have been doing all of this (probably around 10-15 of them since there's alot of building to do and only 20 minutes to do it) to trees outside of your walls. Once the treaty is over have them build military buildings outside your walls as it makes it much easier to get troops everywhere seeing as they don't need to worry about gates and stuff. With that setup your base is pretty much safe from anything except a full blown multiple enemy attack with no ally assistance or nonstop oprichnik raids. The military buildings 2 layers in act as emergency spawn points.

My weakness has always been attack, i'm always scared to do an FB
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Scared of a FB why? If you dont get one up, you WILL NOT win a lot of games because you will be outspammed. I like to send stonemasons as like 2-3 card because it makes you build stuff so much faster, and getting up a FB is easy. Zellus send men up there to protect your villies as they build a FB.. with stonemasons 3 of em should get up 9 barrax and 9 stables and 9 arty foundries within 2-3 mins.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 pm

The only think i had about FB's is when you play SUP and the enemy places his FB Right besides yours -.-'

but i always win those kind of fights... idk why, its like survivle mod kicks in or something and bashes them up -.-
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Thats because it takes them too long to get their FB base.. it takes them till I have mine up whihc is really slow xD
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:31 am

i'm always scared for whatever reason that while i'm working on the part of the map i'm gonna get overrun in my base or whatever because of spread population.

usually i get it up and then forget about it. What's a good british unit for taking down walls fast? I usually just mass petards or send in some mortars - more usually petards.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 am

Lol. Should of seen the treaty game me and bassetman had.

It was me(Russians) and basset(Russians) vs a 2nd lue (British,Yellow) and 1st lue (Dutch,purple), me and bass were done booming by.. 25 min i'd have to say so we were just gathering reascoures like crazy, at 40 min, Purple was attacking bassetman like crazy, and me and yellow were fighting... the newb was letting me get more rescoures and i had 3 basses, 2 of the basses wernt far away from yellows, about 10 - 15 feet away from Yellows and i was massing Muskteers, Cannons and Oprichniks.. They newb feel for my trape.. I had 2 squads of Oprnicks, 9 Ops in 1 and 15 for the other, The newb went after 9 oprnichks and the 15 made it thro his 4 layers of walls..... i was like what a newb.... Purple was laughing. So i was there at his bass massing Muskteers and cannons making him waste rescoures, then the newb laggs out. They were so newbish... barly had anything... Purple ran out of rescoures for trying to kill bass... was funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:13 pm

The funny thing was, he wasnt good at all, all he did was spam halbs and skirms. strelets/musks/halbs/cav archers all raped him >.>

Plus the purple was low on resources, so i was bout to push him out and I had a fort across the trade route from his walls...
Back to top Go down
zellus
REL VIP
REL VIP
zellus

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 am

nice sounds like a good game. it's been a long time since i've played aoe i miss it, but i bet i'd be terrible now Razz
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:23 pm

It wasnt a good game =/

They both sucked and should have been lance corp and private =/
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 pm

i'm still trying to figure out why you both went russia... if you both go the same civ... then you both have the same weakness. i would say that weakness but i want you guys to figure it out and enjoy it lol.

just a little tid bit of information. when playing treaty russia vs ottos... ottos win. i mean russia will put on one hell of a fight. but resource wise the russians will start to loose stockpile quickly.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Actaully, Ottomans fail and I know all of Russia's weakness and strenghts.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:22 am

Russia doesnt have good anti ranged cav. Which when the bombards/cav archer/abus combine, its hard to beat. But still can be done.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 am

Lol not for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:23 am

Cav archers are the only anti-ranged cav. Halbs are too slow and musks get a Multi only in melee. On nilla strelets dont have a multi on them either. So, No shawn they dont.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 am

Lol, Strelets > Cav for me newby Very Happy

I dont us cav archers... Halbs maybe, all i us its Strelets, Cossacks, Oprichniks and Muskteers.

I can make Cossacks Stronger then Gendarmas
Strelets stronger then Skirmishers
Muskteers almost stronge has British Muskteers
Oprichniks Stronger then um.... idk
and my Howizters can do 975 attack Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AOE3 stories   AOE3 stories - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

AOE3 stories
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next