Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Stories!

Go down 
+11
abyssaldragonx
Kong Harald 6.
BassetMan
canadianstorm_12
inprogress
Heatedforce
Charles3
Toddster
Tom_L
guzz61
Marshmellow1994
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Marshmellow1994
REL VIP
REL VIP
Marshmellow1994

Number of posts : 8

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 am

This thread is having fun and learning about our past battles with others! I will tell you about the greatest battle i EVER had.

Rules:
2v2
Staged in Vanilla
No Rush 50 mins
It wasnt half map.

I was playing as french and was going Immensely well. My parnter was British and my two opponents were the feared Dutch. Both of them. I had researched spies just before the time was up. My partner hadnt walled yet, but , we had walled significantally well. I sent my explorer into there base and built a TC! There was nothing he could do about it. I got a ville and buildt alot of stables. About 40 gendarmes hit there eco. It hurt them alot. Escpially red, the noober dutch player, he lost BOTH his factories, several banks, his TCs and alot of houses. Blue hadnt lost to much, but, hes factories were still up. We had them on the run.

Then it went all wrong.

My partner lagged out.

I was thinking, " NO HOW COULD THIS BE!?! " I was tempted to give up on the spot, but, something inside me propelled me forward.

So, Blue and Red were spamming out different troops. But neither of them could fill up to 150 thanks to my assult, but i soon lost my foward stables.

I made mistake number 1 then. I didnt have fencing school in my deck, which resticted me to cavalry, but my eco never gave in even with a HEAVY gendarme/ dragoon spam.

I was pushed back into my base but frequent assults prevented blue from ecoing up ever again. What was bad was that blue still had villagers alive, and was getting badly close. Blue was getting skirmys and ruyters. Red was spamming hallys, but only was an annoyance. My really big problem was blue. He was getting dangerously close. He had around 120 ruyters out side my base. He was starting to build an arty foundry outside my base. This was it. The final stand. If he got that thing up i was doomed.

It was like 300.

Then, the best thing EVER to happen to be happened.

Blue lagged out.

I cried out, the words i'll never forget. " YES! YES! NOW IT'S FAIR YOU MUTHA@#$@%!" I killed all my villagers except one . I laid out 100 troops. Red was going down.

Red resigned after 5 minutes of assult.

I learned 2 things that day and one thing that kept me thinking.

1. Nothings impossible in AOE3.

2. Never ever give up. Something can happened and it could be you're twist of fate.

And how in the hell did that dutchy still keep alive after 1:45:00. But many things happen in Vanilla we truly will never understand.

Now it's you're turn. Tell me your greatest matches ever
Back to top Go down
guzz61
REL VIP
REL VIP
guzz61

Number of posts : 29

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:29 am

mine was a 3vs3 meant to be rush but didnt work out that way i was allied with marhsy and tom_l theres a thread about it here https://relforum.forumotion.com/game-discussion-f4/me-marshy-and-guzz-s-3v3-t22.htm
Back to top Go down
Tom_L
X360 Manager
X360 Manager
Tom_L

Number of posts : 433

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 am

this aint my fav, it lasted bout 10 and a half mins on a 10 min tretay match,

this newb thought he was all good talkin up himself, mind u he had good eco but thn i said, aight come atak me and he had 5 nagitinas and a sam AHAHAHAH he fell to my ff disc and mortar star lol!
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

Number of posts : 3148

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:53 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rel-clan.usa.gs
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: One of my best games!   War Stories! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 am

Well lets see...... my best game is hard to remember. I suck lol. The map was shaped like an hour glass, land in the center, and water to the side. And It got slimmer and slimmer toward the center. It was 2v2 a lance corporal and a corporal VS me (Private at the time) and a 2nd L. It was a vannella game and everything was going great! My partner had them on the run!!! Or would have.... he was fighting them in the center of the map and they didn't stand a chance........ but.......... he lagged out :affraid: !!!!!!!!

During the time that he was fighting something very lucky happened. I figured that this fight wouldn't last long and why spend time making troops? So, instead I made my eco as strong as I could. Thank God for that!!

Back to the present, MY PARTNER LAGGED OUT!!! You don't even what to know what I was thinking, my city was all about eco, not about fighting!!! As I was swearing, the enemy was rejoycing. They had won! Or so they thought.

I was screwed... so.. so.... screwed Crying or Very sad . The enemy had started attacking and I didn't have a chance. But, somehow, I turned my eco into a fighting force as they were sending an army in!! Doesn't sound much to you but you forget, I had to MAKE military buildings, UPGRADE soldiers, and MAKE them, as fast as I could! And that is a hand full.

After I had made my army, I was still screwed. They were stong and much better than me. Or so I though. My victory came all because of my lagged out partner! He had made them go crazy to make an army and had them waste there eco on it. Plus he had forced them away from me, giving me time for an truely stong eco to be made.'

But, once again, still screwed. I had made longbowmen and luckly they hadn't make calavry! As I made my way up, fierce fighting begun. And I had to send in more and more men to continue pushing forward.... until..... it stoped!! I was in VERY fierce fighting right outside their frontdoor! And my resources weren't going to last for the time it was taking me.

Then it hit me, THEY WERE NOOBS Very Happy !!!!! total and complete noobs Very Happy , while they were giving me a fight for my life they had forgoten to do one very important thing, make a good navy and attack Very Happy !! Yup thats right a navy was sitting on their shore doing NOTHING. If they would have attacked my mills on the shore I would have died. Instintly I had anti ship cannons and put them on my shore, but they wouldn't last in an attack. Sad

As my cannons sit there and my men were dieing. I did one of the smartest things I have ever done! I took their mistake and made it into my strienth. should have done that in the beginning right? lol!

I made a dock and turned my wood and gold into a navy. and did it all in a minute!! Or two can't remember Very Happy . I attacked with my navy and took control of the seas. and next came the my monitars (evil laugh). I attacked there gate and came in with an army of longbowmen! attacking everything I could, and while I did it, I attacked yellows fort with my monitars!! After a still fierce fight. I won! Now onto the next.

Purple was getting annoying. The corporal of the team and the best. He was about the only thing that keeped me away from yellow Smile . And now... IT WAS HIS TURN TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!

But I had one problem, it involved pure army force. No navy since it was on the other side. But hey! on the bright side! Yellow had moved over to purple and didn't have a soldier to spare. It was just me, purple, and a mosquito.

After less then 5 minutes of continus fighting I had won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! afro

A corporal and a lance corporal VS me a private! And that was on vannella! I suck at vannella!

Anyway I had some pretty fun games after that. But none were better. Because I conquered all odds!!!!!!

Charles3 (a proud noob)
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:56 am

I am moving this topic, as it isin't a "Clan event". You may continue to talk about your stories though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 am

Lol...I can't move it, as I can only moderate stuff in Clan News, and ban people.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Hmm this was some interesting stuff ill have to think of my best game so far.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:35 am

I remember my first eva ESO battle on TWC...

I used Aztec. I always played DM before I went on ESO...The first ESO battle was SUP...

It was 3v3 on Carolina...We were all NOOBS...but I was much worse. The battle went for ages...I lost it all...Oh man, those were the good old days!!!
Back to top Go down
inprogress

Number of posts : 176

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 2:42 am

haha i remember it was recently (treaty 30) i was playing as japan while vsing a portuguese thinking ok seems pretty fair, so its all going great in the beginning but his score is slowly catching up to mine thinking what?? how can this be so i made even more villagers and gathered more resources each time but he was still catching up so i get mad and decide to make 112 ashigaru muskets 5 flame shots and the rest sam's he comes out with like 150 total men im thinking now if i don't hold it here then my whole town falls, so i fight for as hard as i can thinking of strats along the way, wel he was stupid enough to keep no one to protect his cannons so i sneak my sams around and destroy his cannons right then they started losing more men then me so i finally broke thru his walls, but then he had 20 organ guns waiting for me on the other side while i had about 14 sams and 40 muskets left, i made my sams charge in all of them died except for 4 then he started attacking my ashi's while my flame shots were taking down his fort but finally my reinforcements load, 50 more ashi's to come but then he distracts me with his explorer by keep paying me to revive him until his 10 organ guns come but finally i thought why don't i just put some of the ashi's as melee so then take them out and finally hunt down all his villagers and barely won, if it wasn't for my sam's to destroy his cannons and organ guns i would've been utterly destroyed... well there u have it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/thtw
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, i cant think of my best game but i can say my first game. My first game on eso was vsing none other than Canadian_storm. I remember how terrible i was with the british , i wouldnt make any settlers i would get them all from my houses and put my beginning 6 setlers on wood. Needless to say my age up time was bad too. Anyways i put up walls early on and so did canadian.It was a long game and eventully canadian won. After looking back on it a few times, i think he was going easy on me cuase he could have finished me by 10 mins or less.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!
canadianstorm_12

Number of posts : 2791

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 am

Heated I wouldnt have been going easy on you. A #1 rule for me is to never under any circumstanses underestimate my opponent. And I will always prolong a match if I can.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:40 pm

LOL....i end it as fast as possible cuz ik im not very good late game..ask anyone tht iv played in treaty
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm

yes.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Well Im better late game but if I am losing I have a tendancy to prolong matches alot Ive even won some that way cuz ppl get anoyed.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 pm

you mean if you lose you try to keep the game going with 1-2 villies and just hide with'em?
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Yes but i buil all over the map still not just 1 place.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:22 pm

yea i find those ppl fast...dunno bout u tho gimme the name of ur other account so i can c lol
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Mine was a 3vs1,the map with the lake and trading post al around it in a ring,i was russia my 2 partners were french and brits. We were facing a 1st luitenent who was brits. By the way I was a corp and my partners were both privates. I boomed quik while the other 2 lagged back. The enemy underestimated and sent a small force of muskets to my town but quickly fell to my strelets and hussar combo. I put a fort in between us giving me the advantage. My armies were huge and strong but my partners didnt make much so I figured if I didnt do something wed lose. So I went into his town and took out a bit but he had a force come from above my town which destroyed alot before I got back. By the time I got back he had massed another asault on my souther walls. I had no choice but to abondon and sent my 35 villies north to my allies town but they were shot dead on the way by anohter small force. All in ll it lasted an hour but when it ended I viewd the map and he had 4 or 5 small towns inbetween me and my allies.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 pm

canadianstorm_12 wrote:
Yes but i buil all over the map still not just 1 place.
Srry but... I HATE PPL WHO DOES EXCACTLY THAT! *spit coming out of my mouth*
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Thats nice Kong but its a strat and if it has to be done than it has to. Its me or the enemy so why give in.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 am

LMAO it took 3 ppl(idc how bad u r or ur teammates) 1 hour to kill 1 1st LT

u guys werent aggressive enough it sounds like

russia dont got hussars... they got cossacks
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:51 am

I didnt say we won did we. We lost alright after I was taken out the other two had small armys that wernt upgraded. I was pissed cuz they didnt help me at all. In the end the lost to but I thought it was an awsome game.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:56 am

My best game ever? um... gotta be once my danish friend lagged out. (I was still private) against a sarg and a corp i think. but when he lagged out I just spammed all kind of soldiers lol. After a while I had almost no resources left tho. but in the end I finally broke through their wall the rest was just ----->owned Laughing 21 Twisted Evil A private vs a srg and a corp....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Stories!   War Stories! Empty

Back to top Go down

War Stories!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next