Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civ Overview: Russians

Go down 
+6
Keevan 0
Polarsun
Kong Harald 6.
Heatedforce
Charles3
BassetMan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 am

Heatedforce wrote:
Sepoys are really good. Gurkes are eh, ok. India cav isnt that good though, in my opionion.

gurkas kik ass IF mixed in minority wit sepoys.. cuz then ur LI cuz raped...
their camels r ok.. BUT dont forget their elephants which is wat i said and meant.. they r beast..
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:33 am

Back to topic. Remember that this is for Russia discussion
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:04 pm

we were discussin y u dont vs india as russia tho tongue
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:55 pm

oh. ok. that makes sense. OR you can discuss why you should vs russia as india somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm

no ur backwards.. we were sayin the reasons to NOT vs. india

as russia u can rape ottos tho if they dont cav spam
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Yea strelets=no jans.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 am

my one weakness.. i need help here.. is the "anti cav" situation in age 2 tho.. i mean sure cossacks and musks will work.. but seriously 40 russian musks vs 20 hussars = bad rapefor u cuz russian musks r 20% worse than the usual musk therefore kinda worthless.. and if u completely cossack spam then they will make pike and rape u.. if u make both u dont make a whole lot of em fast.. IDK
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Hmm thats is a problem. You can get natives if you have a tp and natives that are good against cav. FF for those manchu mercs. Um let me think of something else to help you. Oh yea, maybe you could musket spam. Not sure if a musket spam would work though becuase like you said, muskets are weak for russia.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks guys! I'm becoming a pretty good rusher. But I still have a problem. Usualy when I boom so does everyone else.... they usualy out boom me and then I can't make any good infantry. I can't make muscks and I can't make strets. So what do I make? usualy they have muskets so cav is pretty much out of the question....
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Well booming as russia ussally isnt as good as their rush. So thats how they outboom you. If you cant make strelets or muskets, then go natives. Or use mercs from the saloon or hc. Oh yea Basset, anti cav merc from the saloon can beat cav too if you have enough gold and pop room.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:55 am

natives.. out of the question.. too wood heavy for so early on.. musks dont work well... dont FF as then it aint really effective gainst a rush which is where i nedd the anti cav.. mercenaries drain ur eco big time so jus dont..

charles rush em.. then once u can age to 3 do so.. gather wood and build 3 TCs then pull bak army and boom.. make sure and send medicine... BTW i dont mean kill ur army.. i mean push em from up front and kill alot of their men.. dont let their sets leave their base.. dont lose ur army tho

once im in age 3 i spam halberds and take out their cav.. i need help actually livin to get to tht point half the time..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok then, try a cossak span with strelet shipments. Cossacks are really strong and should be able to take out cav fairly easy and strelets take out the pikes or muskets.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 pm

they can get cav faster on account tht they dont need 270 food to que a set.

therefore they outmass.. and unless its 3v3 i havnt met any1 tht does JUS cav.. w/ the exception of suicidal noobs..

plus idk wat they makin cuz i hav to set my eco up while aging.. and they dont age b4 me usually..

IDK i say i jus need to do a german uhlan/dopple spam
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 am

Thats not a good idea. Doppels cost way too much coin to make for a good rush early on. Ulhans also cost a lot of coin early on too.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 am

and doppels early are two slow. i had 20+ musks kill a boat-load of doppels because i used cliffs and trees and basically kept my distance.
later though, they get faster with cards
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Heatedforce wrote:
Thats not a good idea. Doppels cost way too much coin to make for a good rush early on. Ulhans also cost a lot of coin early on too.

i can hav (approx dependin on map) 20 uhlans and 10 dopples and 20 xbows by 8-9 mins.. u cant tell me tht wouldnt work lol..

dopples u jus show to ur opponent.. cuz remember im talkin anti cav strats here.. and they go s*** and quit makin horsies..

i do agree they cost alot tho.. and r very slow till like polar said.. they get cards l8r..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Nice. Muskets are also a good option. I mean the strong redcoat muskets not the russian muskets. Even though they arent redcoats until age 4 they have cards in age 2 making them the strongest muskets in age 2, im pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:59 pm

germans hav musks? i dont think so cuz theyhav skirms.. but idk.. brit musks r best.. spam those lol
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Lol yea. But are looking for strats for German? I thought you were looking for any anti cav units.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:42 pm

OK this is off topic lol

im lookin for a good age 2 anti cav strat for RUSSIA and ONLY them lol

P.S. dont let a russian make it to age 4 in a rush game... i beat a MS brit and MS port player after my teammate lagged out... they were noobish..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Lol ok i will remember that. Oh and congrats. Anyways ill try to find one for you Basset.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 am

i dont think there is.. i think the best option is to turtle/FF, then make halberds/upgraded musks...
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:15 am

Hmm maybe but thats not what we are looking for here..... If there isnt one, ill try to make one for you.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 pm

a cossack spam is the best age 2 anti rush thing for anti cav i guess... strelets= no.. jus, no.... musks= rapage... grenadiers......... do i need to say moree?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Yea. If the russian ff i any good, try that and make cav archers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Civ Overview: Russians
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next