Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civ Overview: Russians

Go down 
+6
Keevan 0
Polarsun
Kong Harald 6.
Heatedforce
Charles3
BassetMan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

Civ Overview: Russians Empty
PostSubject: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:36 am

as posted by GoodSpeed on agecomm

Russians:

Pros: Very strong rush, strong early game, and ultimate raiders. Their biggest pro is that they can pretty easily hold up vill production (which goes a lot faster than other civs) and at the same time mass strelets.

Cons: weak late game, weak hand cavalry.

Difficulty: Mediocre

Best strategy: Rush.

Russian counters:

Vs Portuguese: Pure Musk rush.

Vs Spanish: Scout (check if he gets the 700 gold shipment at around 5.20)!! If he FF’s, pure musk rush, if he rushes (which is a bad idea to do for spain, but still a pure musk rush can suffer from a strong Spanish rush), strelet mass.

Vs French: Same as vs Spanish.

Vs Ottomans: Same as vs Spanish

Vs Russians: Rush (strelets/musks combined.)

Vs Dutch: Same as vs Spanish.

Vs British: Rush (strelets/musks combined.)

Vs Germans: Rush (strelets/musks combined.)

Civs that Russians are best against: Dutch, British, and Ottomans..

Notes:

- Pure musk rush includes 9 cossacks from shipments to counter light infantry. Hold them back until they’re needed, don’t let them get close to the enemy TC or they’ll get shot.

- The Russian rush is the best and pretty much the only strat available to Russians. Their FF is mediocre at best, and why would you FF, if in any case your rush is stronger, which it is.

BO:

Regular Russian rush:

I’d like to call it the boom-as-you-rush-strat.

Age1:

17 villager age-up 400 wood politician. Some people prefer a 14 villager age-up for a more speedy rush, but that damages your eco so badly that I’ve just went for the 17 one, which is IMO much stronger.

1st card will be 300 wood. Send some vils forward and get a blockhouse up before you’ve aged to colonial. Allocation: Pure Musk rush: 4 on gold 10 food 3 wood Strelet rush: 4 wood rest food. make sure you’ve got enough houses to start creating both vils ánd musks or strelets as soon as you’ve aged.

Age2 (4.50 to 5.00): Get the age-up wood and Send either 13 strelets or 5 cossacks depending on what rush you’re performing.

This is the part where it gets hard:

Keep creating vils and spamming musks/strelets (ß pretty hard, your constant attacks will take micro skills and a lot of game experience (this doesn’t make Russians a hard civ to play, only makes them harder than ottos)) until you’ve won. If you can’t kill him, just pressurize him so much that your eco will grow faster than his, and you will get a stable and Cossacks and reach fortress eventually, with an overwhelming economy.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:06 am

Hey basset, you've seen me play a bit. Would you suggest russia or ottoman for my rushing civ?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 pm

russia cuz u like to boom more.. and russia works well for boomin and ppl dont realize tht alotta times
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Yea russia can do a good boom. Combine the medicine card with russia for really fast settlers.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:48 pm

sweet! thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 1:51 am

yea i always send medicine second card in treaty.. those 3 sets train as fast as 1 set almost then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm

lol

So basset. I am gettting better at rush but I need to get even better cause I don't want my rank to go ahead of my actualy skills (I am playing with a friend and we make a good team)

So anyway can you give me some russian strates for rushing.

I prefer to spam strelets then grenadiers. Keep their army busy with my mass of strelets and then destroy all their buildings with my greandiers.

so any tips?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:37 pm

dont play on deccan for any strat i tell u..

my fav is age up wit 17 vils... 6 wood 11 food.. wit the 400 wood politician..

make ur BH wherever.. make 2 more sets of vils and send em to food then do w.e cuz ul hav a ton of food then.. send 13 strelets..
thts for strelet spammin

now to do a mix of cossacks and strelets
age up wit 17 vils.. 11 food 3 wood 3 coin.. wit 400 wood (ofc)
when u age put up a stable then a BH and a house and send 700 WOOD
u should hav vils qued up.. first 3 to food next 3 to coin then do w.e from there

now i left out basics like make men but i hope u kno how to do tht..
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm

lol ya I know how to do that -.-

But what about rushing? Like taking them off their feet?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:14 am

Well i hate strelets. They suck at seige and are weak unlessed massed. So i prefer muskets/cossacks. Cossacks are good for their cost. So even if you use strelets use some cossacks with them(i mean other than shipments). But since strelets suck at seige, have them hurras then when he puts his settlers in a tc leave so they dont die. Then when you mass enought of an army, take down his tc and gg. Continue to harrass when you see them go out.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 am

so their really isn't a good russian rush? More like hurrasement till you can finish them off????
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Well the units are weak. And a rushes arent all about taking down your oppoents tc but there are special rushes just for that(like the brit grenadier rush). What strat do you use right now charles?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

dont listen to heated -.-"
unless its brits.. then listen very well Very Happy

for one i think a vil could take a strelet in a fight.. so dont do tht..

for another if im playin someone tht makes all heavy inf i dont got much choice but to make a buncha strelets to kill them..

now wat most ppl dont realize is tht the russian rush means they r in ur ton burning things by the 7 min mark wit 40+ strelets and 13+cossacks...

i personally think the best rush strat for em is to do the second strat i mentioned above..

heated on agecomm there is a topic on the deadliest rush.. the 2nd one was cossack strelet rush.. dont underestimate it..
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 pm

lol so just add cossacks into the mix then? sweet Razz
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Will it blend? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Spam -.-

Please stop it Kong
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Oh ill have to try the rush sometimes. I have always hated strelets and muskets are my favorite unit(i wonder why.....) and an all around good choice for any strat. So i havent used the strelet/cossak rush. Cossacks are sweet though.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:25 pm

dont use russian musks unless they wit strelets.. they suck so much for how much food they cost...

age up 17 vils.. first card distributism.. 400 wood politician.. once u press age button 6 vils wood 11 vils food

put up a BH soon as possible then wit 400 wood make stable and as many houses as posible.. 2nd card 5 cossacks.. should b makin non stop vils.. first batch after agin go to food.. next 6 to coin.. make cossacks/strelets/upgrades at market.. etc.

thts wats been workin for me (DONT DO THIS GAINST INDIA)
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 am

ahh... why? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 pm

cuz their gurkas rape ur musks.. their musks gguys (spaced the name) r as good as ashigaru musketeers.. they kill all ur inf and their musks guys rape any cav..
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm

This shows that I haven't played enough AoE3 lately. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:38 pm

ya no india.........
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:42 pm

SEPOYS! thts wat they r.. those things and gurkas + elephants will kik ur ass no matter wat u make
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Sepoys are really good. Gurkes are eh, ok. India cav isnt that good though, in my opionion.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:57 pm

A sepoy+gurk+howdah thing it beast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Russians   Civ Overview: Russians Empty

Back to top Go down

Civ Overview: Russians
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next