Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civ Overview: Portugese

Go down 
+3
Kong Harald 6.
Charles3
BassetMan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

Civ Overview: Portugese Empty
PostSubject: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:28 am

By Goodspeed on AgeComm.

Now I wont go into complete detail on all the BO’s I’m gonna type, they will be short and straight to the point, if you don’t understand just ask. Also I’m not gonna put on every single known BO of each civ, just the ones I mention in the civ’s counters list.

This guide does not include native rushes or other native use, because that’d take long and there are different natives in each map.

Portuguese:

Pros: strongest defensive (water) booming, cassadores best light infantry in the game, strong jinete + cassador combo.

Cons: weakest at rushing and in early game stages.

Difficulty: Hard

Best strategy: ATP (advanced trading post) FF (fast fortress)

Portuguese counters:

Vs Portuguese: ATP FF

Vs Spain: naked (meaning plain simple and fast, no military until age3) FF

Vs French: naked FF

Vs Ottomans: naked FF with 2 towers (instead of 700 wood send 2 towers)

Vs Russians: naked FF with 2 towers

Vs Dutch: ATP FF

Vs British: ATP FF (I do not recommend playing against British, as this takes away the only advantage ports have over other civs, the booming. British outboom ports quite easily and can overpower them in early fortress)

Vs Germans: ATP FF

Civs that ports are best against: French, Germans, and Ottomans.

Notes:

- Whether you naked FF or ATP FF also depends on the map. ATP FF-ing on bayou (no trade route) for example would of course be non sense. Where it says naked FF, always naked FF, and where it says ATP FF, it still depends on the map. Great lakes is in this case ideal.

- Spread your first 2 TC’s unless facing French, Ottoman, Russian, or Spanish rushes. Always spread your third TC unless you are being overwhelmed by a large military and really need all the TC´s. Exception is also when you water-boom; keep your TC’s not too far off and close to water.

BO’s:

Naked FF:

Age1:

14 villager age-up with as 1st card colonial militia (schooners if water booming (this is risky)). 500 food politician. When aging to colonial, put 4 vils on gold. When you have 450 gold (300+150 for minutemen) switch to food.

Age2 (+-4.40):

Send 700 gold as 2nd shipment, collect 500 food from aging, and spam vils with both tc’s until you have 1200-1000. then age (this should happen from 5.20 to 6.00) with the 6 cassadores politician.

When aging, keep booming vils with the non-aging tc. Allocation: 10 gold 8 food rest wood (waypoint food). 3rd card is 700 wood or 2 towers when facing strong rushes (standard against Ottos and Russians). Your towers will arrive pretty late, so be careful and choose their arrival point (which of the 2 TC’s) carefully if your base is stuffed with enemies (also chop a lot of wood quickly (say 12 on wood until you have enough) for rax and housing. If you go with 700 wood, Build both barracks and stable and of course houses and don’t chop (too much) wood.

Age3 (+-7.30): 4th card mamelukes, you should have 1000 gold by now.

If it is the case that you faced a strong rush and have no gold, send either 8 cassadores 5 dragoons, depending on your opponent’s main unit.

At this point you either start chopping wood for more housing (if your army is given the chance to grow) or you keep your waypoints on food for cassadores and dragoons spamming if being pressurized by strong attacks.

ATP FF:

The only difference between a normal FF and ATP FF is the ATP card. Only perform this strategy if there are 2 or more TP’s present (not natives). What happens if you do this:

- you will receive cards way faster than usual.

- you will have a weaker anti-rush defence but more mid and late game potential as spamming military cards allows you to boom more quickly.

Age1: same as naked FF, except:

1. instead of colonial militia, send ATP, advanced trading post. This will get you TP’s for 150 wood a piece, and will grant them a ranged attack.

2. use 400 wood politician (when aging chop 50 wood and put all of your vils on food (except the 3 goldies).

Age2: exactly the same as naked FF only you’ll have 1 more card, this will be colonial militia or schooners for water booming.

Age3 (+-8.00): 8 cassadores and then mamelukes. Keep booming vills and spamming cards, you’ll find yourself having a pretty strong defence. (4 tower card can be good when ATP FF-ing)
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:24 am

wow nice work basset!

Thanks for all your time!
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Great work bassy!clapping
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:59 pm

ty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 am

so how much of this is copy and pasted? Razz
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:57 pm

well.. lets keep tht a secret..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Whole thing. I saw this before.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 1:52 am

BassetMan wrote:
By Goodspeed on AgeComm.

um guys..
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!
canadianstorm_12

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I wanna use Ports more but I know they take longer to get everything going so how long of a treaty would be good to use them? 40min or so?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 pm

I use them in Dm. The Jinette dragoon/cassadore/rabuld(organ gun) mix is better than a dutch ruyter/skirm/falconet mix. But they cant get a huge army.
80 vils and 2 factories to keep your eco up, leaves 120 pop.. 5 rabulds leaves 100 pop. from there you kinda have to gauge on what they have =/
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 pm

ports have a GREAT eco in treaty... not necessarily(misspelled) the best fighters though...
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Yeah. Ports are better for getting a huge ego and then patching holes where the allies have
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:28 pm

A good mix of units makes them a pain in the ass... 5 rabulds/30-40 cassys/20-30 jinnettes.. Only thing I can think of that would beat that is the dutch skirm/ruyter/cannon mix
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I find them hard to keep up with like with all the tcs and all the villies, I had a hard time keeping up with them the other day but Im getting a little better with them. But I wont use them out of treaty. Hey jw but hows there navy?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:34 pm

They have 2nd best (to brits oc) navy in the game. And if you use them in treaty, how can you not keep up with 2-3 tcs making vils lol
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:42 am

I wasnt sure who had best navy brits or ports I kinda thought ports did. And I just cant lol dont judge me. I find I get alot of idle villies.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:43 pm

I find it easy to keep up with. 1 TC tasked on wood or coin (first probably) and 2nd one close to food and task those vils on food. Then you dont even gotta tell em where to go.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Never thought of that lol.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 pm

No wonder you couldnt keep up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: Portugese   Civ Overview: Portugese Empty

Back to top Go down

Civ Overview: Portugese
Page 1 of 1