Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

North Korean War

Go down 
+3
canadianstorm_12
Kong Harald 6.
Oxydizer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Will there be a war?
Yes
North Korean War Vote_lcap43%North Korean War Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No
North Korean War Vote_lcap57%North Korean War Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:44 pm

With kim jong il hell bent on breaking any sanction placed upon him by the UN, it looks as if a true nuclear war shall be under way.

what do you guys think? should the us just place sense aside and just take out the problem right now? or let this historical event unravel before us and let a true nuclear war begin?

tell me your thoughts and feels.

and i ask someone place a poll.

Poll added
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:13 pm

North Korea don't have the guts to start a nuclear war. Razz
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:31 pm

kong? have you been watching the news on this?

there are probably days, yes, i said days until there is a possible war.

go to any of the major news websites and read up. so far the UN has placed severel sanctions against the north and they have ignored them all.

the truely scary part is that most of thier threats are towards the U.S. and south korea.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!
canadianstorm_12

Number of posts : 2791

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Yes well I dont think they will. Their dictator is in failing health and will die soon. Who knows, maby his son is different. They have a great army though it would be hard to even get into Korea. With a $6billion budget a year that buys alot. They have the 5th largest standing army in the world with over a million personal. If anyone tries to get in....good luck. I think its funny though how they wont let the USA push them around and threaten them through the UN or anything. Now we see the USAs power and influence fail them.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:24 pm

i dont think its funny.. i mean as much as people wanna see us fail cuz they think we r full of ourselves.. this isnt exactly the situation for that to happen

i say we nuke all of north korea.. innocent people and all.. no more problems there.. now ima get lectured on how we shouldnt kill innocent people...
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Korea is no different from the USA is it? The USA doesnt do what others want and now becasue N.Korea isnt going to let the worlds only superpower, other world powers and the UN tell them what to do that makes them bad?

You cant nuke sum1 without provacation. Yes they threatend war but only because the USA wanted to intercept ships they ''thought'' could be carrying weapons to N.Korea. To me that sounds like an act of war so it wouldnt be Koreas fault for it starting. No one intercepts ships carrying weapons to Russia, China, so what makes it different if its N.Korea there all communist run countrys. The only difference is that Korea doesnt care what other people think and they wont let other nations threats scare them from doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin
Darren1

Number of posts : 3487

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 am

We need a war to break up everyone, and to help them stupid Americans revise just how stupid they are
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 am

canadianstorm_12 wrote:
The USA doesnt do what others want and now becasue N.Korea isnt going to let the worlds only superpower, other world powers and the UN tell them what to do that makes them bad?

You cant nuke sum1 without provacation.

yes it does

they launched nukes against orders from the UN and other nations.. thats provation last time i checked..

btw we dont launch weapons of mass destruction multiple times in a week JUST to piss people off.. just makin sure u know..

canadian ur basically saying that its fine for them to launch nukes for testing whenever they want even tho many countries and the UN hav told them not to..

the UN is there to keep peace in the world.. try to.. countries cant start ignoring it because "they want to" and then have people stick up for them.. i dont see why we need to let them do whatever they want.. and the communism means one guy is in charge.. and their leader is insane so we should question what he does...

Darren how will a nuclear war help us see anything? maybe a regular but..

Wait ive got an idea. We should let them do whatever they want. Take whatever they want. Don't worry, everything will be fine, all those nukes they tested, they didnt wanna make them better to hurt anyone. No. Never.
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

Number of posts : 3148

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 am

I think a war will happen very soon. This would be way worse than WW1 and WWII. I mean they will blow the whole globe up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rel-clan.usa.gs
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Well the USA has done just that havent they Basset? The UN has told them not to yes but they are an independent nation. Other countries are allowed to have nuclear weapons. The USA is loaded with nuclear weapons Basset so maby if countries like USA and Russia got rid of them then maby no one else would have them? You cant tell someone not to do something when your own nation is the leader in nuclear weapons. People need to face that N.Korea will emerge as a world power and people are just upset because it is a communist power.
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:58 pm

canada, no offense, but i really don't think you are seeing what the real point is.

if north korea wanted nuclear technology for power purposes, then the U.S. and U.N. would allow it, we would cry and s*** about it, but we would allow it. look at iran for instance. we cried and bullshitted it, but it was eventually allowed.(however i truely feel that iran is the nation that gave the technology to north korea.)

and canada, we arn't the leader in nuclear weapons, russia has always had at least 20% more wmd's than the U.S. at all times. and the reason why nations such as the U.S. and russia keep thier WMD's is not because they want to impose thier power over the world, or because they just want all the glory to themselves, but the true and most obvious reason is because we are ALL afraid of what might happen if some radical and evil group or nation find the secrete of nuclear technology and try to harm the world.

and earlier in the thread when you saidthey have close to, or over, a million person army and noone would be able to breach north korea, did you not take into matter that the U.S. (not to mention G.B., China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Australia, and of course CANADA.) would not bother send a single army, air force, or navy personnel over thier? they would simply press a button, a large explosion, and hopefully that is it. however the truely terrifying thing is that because there are always people who want to do sanction, and not take the steps needed to stop those who should not have certain technology, the north koreans now too have a special button of thier own.

so here is the point i was trying to get at when making this thread. the chances of a nuclear holocost are very real and very close. the time of world destruction is getting very near, every day that the north continues to defy the world just to show they are not "the world's bi***."

the only thing i am really worried about now, is that i live in a non-stretigic area. and i think the whole of you should be as well.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 am

canadianstorm_12 wrote:
Well the USA has done just that havent they Basset? The UN has told them not to yes but they are an independent nation. Other countries are allowed to have nuclear weapons. The USA is loaded with nuclear weapons Basset so maby if countries like USA and Russia got rid of them then maby no one else would have them? You cant tell someone not to do something when your own nation is the leader in nuclear weapons. People need to face that N.Korea will emerge as a world power and people are just upset because it is a communist power.

u missed my whole point cuz ur too buzy tryin to pick on me for something

yes we hav nukes.. as does russia.. but we dont launch them for testing against warnings from other nations and people do we?
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 am

i would actually be happy if they were just warnings. i think, as do many polititions, that these are direct threats. i believe they want a reason to use one of thier weapons.

i dont know if you guys remember, but a few months ago, about 8 or 9, there was an alliance made between north korea, iran, venusuala(i have no idea how to spell that, but it is the latin american country that was made communist in the 70's) and cuba.

some of you may not realize this, but those four countries are the biggest threats to the united states. they made a pact with each other, but the U.N.(including the United States) dismissed it because they truely did not view it as a threat. sadly now it seems obvious that we all should have payed more attention to them and it.

but the pact was this: cuba would give venuzuela nuclear technology(which cuba had recieved from russia back in the good ol' days of communism on russia's behalf), then cuba would give it to iran, and then finally iran would give it to north korea.

am i the only one that remembers this? and what happened about 3 months ago with iran and thier nuclear technology?
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Oxy Russia doesnt have more nukes then the USA thats first off.

And Basset there not sending them as warnings to people there testing them right now because they dont really have the technology like USA or Russia yet so there testing what they do have now.

Personally I dont think anyone should have them. But as soon as one person has them I could care less if anyone else had them. As soon as one person has them I think you may as well give them to everyone so they can play power trip on eachother. That one country who has them has as much ability to use them as everyone else who has them. Theres USA,Russia,UK,N.Korea,Iran, Ukraine although I read they gave them all up to Russia, France and so on. One country here has as much ability to launch them as the next. If one has them were still all screwed.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:16 pm

No, their testing them to drive other countries crazy, like ours, cuz they know we cant do much about it.
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:46 pm

no, they know, as canada had stated earlier, we are as much of a rouge nation as they are. they know if they push us as much as possible, then something will happen. kim jong il might be insane, but he still has a brain, and still knows how to use it. he is still pissed at the fact that we, the United States, back the south and helped the south become its own nation. he wanted one, uniform korea, all communist, all submissive.

the flight patterns they are launching clearily show that these "tests" are not just that. they go directly over japan and south korea, and no other directions. these are threats, they have even stated in an interview with a chinese news crew that "we have ICBM's that can hit the heart of AMERICA."

and canada, who is giving you information like russia not having more nuclear weapons than the U.S.? back when the U.S. and the soviet union made the arms agreement in which they would dismantle at least half of thier arms stockpiles(that includes non-nuclear tipped ICBM's), they did. however, the soviets had close to 1000 more nukes than the U.S. so this means that yes, they did dismantle a whole bunch of them, but they still have maybe 500 more than we do.

then there is the fact you cannot simply decomission a nuclear tipped ewarhead, but you simply have to either put it in a wating room, or sell it off.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Nuclear warheads
United States 4,075 active / 5,400 total
Russia 5,162active / 14,000 total

So yes I made a mistake but Ive also bin reading that the USAs nukes are more advanced but Russia has enough to make up for that and that the USA is dismantiling more nukes even now. So sorry bout that.

But like I said it doesnt matter if N.Korea has them. I mean how many other countries have them now. They all have the same ability to use them as N.Korea.

And Oxy they fire them into the Pacific Ocean bcuz where else will they fire them? If they fire them the other way they would be fireing them at Russia. So thats why they fire them there, look at a map and see where they are and you will see why they fire them into the P.Ocean.
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 pm

yes but the fact of the matter is that they are firing over two countries that hate north korea more than north korea hates us. i know what a map of the area looks like, and there are regions where there are no land masses just water.

so what they are doing is basically saying "hey... f*** you."

they may be saying there are just shooting the into the water, but japan and south korea are some of the largest fishing populations in the world. so if they are "just shooting into water" then they are also tampering with the food sources of those two countries.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 am

Well didnt we debate the topic of Japan overfishing whales already? And where they fired it was not even close to where they would fish it was more close to Russia and Alaska. I guess they can do what they want though the USA and Russia consulted no one when makeing nuclear weapons and no trade sanctions were put on them for it when they did it, to do so to N.Korea would make most of the international community hypicrites. Now I dont want the to have them either but like I said once one country has them we can all die just the same.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Quote :
9:19am UK, Wednesday June 17, 2009
North Korea has warned of a "thousand-fold" military retaliation against the US and its allies, if provoked over its nuclear programme.

The threat was the latest in a drumbeat of rhetoric in defence of its controversial weapons testing.

The North is preparing an additional site for test-firing a long-range missile capable of striking America, Japanese and South Korean news reports said.

The warning of a military strike, carried by the North's state media, came hours after Barack Obama declared North Korea a "grave threat" to the world.

The US president also pledged that recent UN sanctions on the communist regime will be aggressively enforced.

Mr Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung Bak have agreed to build a regional and global "strategic alliance" to persuade the North to dismantle its nuclear weapons.

Pyongyang claims its nuclear bombs are a deterrent against the US and accuses Washington of plotting with Seoul to topple its secretive regime.

The North is led by the unpredictable dictator Kim Jong Il, who is reportedly preparing to hand over power to his 26-year-old, and youngest, son.

"If the US and its followers infringe upon our republic's sovereignty even a bit, our military and people will launch a one hundred or one thousand-fold retaliation with merciless military strike," the government-run Minju Joson newspaper said.

The commentary also called Mr Obama a "hypocrite" for advocating a nuclear-free world while making "frantic efforts" to develop new nuclear weapons at home.

"The nuclear programme is not the monopoly of the US," it said without mentioning the Obama-Lee covenant.

Attention has been focused on North Korea since it conducted a nuclear test, its second, on May 25 in defiance of the United Nations.

The UN Security Council responded by toughening an arms embargo, authorising ship searches for missile cargo and depriving the regime of the financing used to build its nuclear programme.
Link: North Korea Nuclear Programme Threat Provocation: 'Thousand-Fold' Military Retaliation | World News | Sky News
Worrying. North Korean War Eekdan11
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:09 pm

... you really think i have patience/the fortitude to read that?

kong... seriously.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:17 pm

canadianstorm_12 wrote:
Well didnt we debate the topic of Japan overfishing whales already? And where they fired it was not even close to where they would fish it was more close to Russia and Alaska. I guess they can do what they want though the USA and Russia consulted no one when makeing nuclear weapons and no trade sanctions were put on them for it when they did it, to do so to N.Korea would make most of the international community hypicrites. Now I dont want the to have them either but like I said once one country has them we can all die just the same.

there isnt anything we can really do about them making them, but that doesnt mean they have to sit there and launch them
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Oxydizer wrote:
... you really think i have patience/the fortitude to read that?

kong... seriously.
Some of your posts are just as long. Neutral
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
canadianstorm_12

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm

BassetMan wrote:
canadianstorm_12 wrote:

there isnt anything we can really do about them making them, but that doesnt mean they have to sit there and launch them

How do you test them if you dont launch them?
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

you can test launch them, but what i was saying is that the flight trajectories they chose were very deliberate.

there are plenty of spaces where no land exhists and no people live.

the way they declaired it to the world, the way they disobey the U.N., and the way they say what their intentions are, are all definate acts towards war.

and the reason why the U.S., and all the other nuclear wielding nations say that others should not get the technology is because of how dangerous it is, not just the fact that it can used for WMD's but if they are using it just for energy and they do not have the proper safety precautions, on little mess up and the world will feel its effects.

i personnally am an advocate for nuclear power, however i do believe the weapons are not needed. if north korea wasn't hell bent on making a mockary of the world by defieying every sanction or every word that is tried to be held, then they should pay for it.

but the sad part of the truth is that there will be no negotiations. there will be no sit down talk. there will be no "hey, you need to stop this." all that is going to happen is north korea pisses the world off so much, that some nation will decide to disobey the U.N. just like the north, and that nation will fire off a weapon and put an end to this all.

kong, i just read what you posted earlier, and i thank you for it. and who is the other person that believes a war is inevitable?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

North Korean War Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean War   North Korean War Empty

Back to top Go down

North Korean War
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royal Empires League United :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: