Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civ Overview: British

Go down 
+2
Heatedforce
BassetMan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

Civ Overview: British - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Brits dont have the 3 hussar card at all. But i ussally do a hussar/musket rush so i have a stable up by 5 mins.
Back to top Go down
Polarsun
First Editor
First Editor
Polarsun

Number of posts : 1845

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:29 pm

tehy dont? i thought they did?
personally, i find LB ok.
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Yea they dont. Think about the british manor boom while having 8 hussars(5 from stable and 3 from hc) cuasing destruction on you at like 6 mins. It would be op.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 am

its called 15 pike.. which as spain is easy to do by 6 min.. or rodelero
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Yea pikes are slow.... and really only rods could beat that. Which is why the british dont have the 3 hussar card.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:34 pm

meh brits r good whether they got tht card or not..tht card would jus make em better.. which we dont need anymore OP civs.. japs and india got it covered..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:58 pm

lol exactly. Though having more options early on would be nice for the brits. You know military wise.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:01 pm

no it wouldnt cuz then u would hav the brit lamers tht make it to sergeant in rank.. stupid noobs..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Hmm i have never heard of a "brit lamer". Right now we have muskets, pikes and longbows as inf..... not much choice in later ages. But whatever it doesnt matter cuase it wont change.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:44 pm

u can lame any civ... for example the brits hav stronget musks in game.. get a noob tht spams musks and only musks and doesnt manor boom... thts called a brit lamer..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 pm

He would be a terrible lamer then since he wouldnt have the british's strength(manor boom). But i know what you mean now Basset.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 am

even if he used the boom a simple strelet spam would kill tht.. and thts the noobiest strat out there imo
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:15 am

You think so? it is a lot harder than it looks. Boom too hard, and you have no military when the rush comes. Boom not enough and you loose your advantage of being able to boom. You have to know when to boom and when to stop each game.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 pm

its not hard.. get up a rax after u age and hav like 4 manors.. then spam musks/LBs/hussars or w.e ur gunna make... manors come second and army first till u hav at least 40 men in ur army.. i think thts the best way to go
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

No its best to boom first. Like lets say you want to make 6 houses. Make them first then while making a few troups, then go all out army. And you can only have 2 or 3 houses up after you age to age 2 if you want a barracks and stable.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:42 am

see.. lol.. its easier to show u... like put a barrax.. make non stop like pike/LB (cheap units) while manor boom then w/excess wood make a stable..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:36 am

True it is easier(if only we could play each other once). Hey check the post i just made. Shows how many times you are right, lol. But i think its better to boom first cuase you can go triple rax musket spam if you have a great econ like 30 settlers by like 7:47 mins(is possible). And if your rush fails, Boom! You have more than enough reasources to make more units. Maybe its better for you to rush and me to boom, just how our styles are.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 pm

u like rush games... true u av a great eco.. but y wouldnt u go age 3 while ur doin tht good? age 3 gives u a major advantage and presses them to age too

8 mins i can hav like 27 vils for a rush as russia... wit a manor boom and nonstop vils from TC and shipments.. couldnt u get closer to 40 as brits?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 am

Well not sure as i dont ussally do a full boom much. Btw british fast fortress is the worst in the game. Only thing you get is falconets. Everything else that is good you have in age 2(muskets and hussars).
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 pm

um dragoons? and their musks r the best so those upgraded.. plus age 3 cards..

it wouldnt b a FF im sayin tht if ur doin so good wit an army why wouldnt u go age 3?.. then put up ur other TCs and spam vils..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 7:32 pm

British dragoons are ok. Muskets are more cost efficent and better for the british. But i see what you are getting at. I would rather max out houses than age for a tc becuase, its more cost efficent 6oowood for 10 pop and villies or 12 houses for 1000 wood(thanks to card) and 120 pop and villies.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:12 am

btw i tried this earlier.. @ 9 mins as brits.. i had completely maxed out manors... had 46 vils at 9 mins wit 20 musks and 10 LBs... and had the resources to age to 3..

i dont use the card to make manors cheaper usually either.. and yes i agree.. max out manors b4 aging..
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 am

well since i know somewhat of a good british eco boom/army boom... ill post it... im not going to go into detail... but ill give you the bare bones.

at about 8 min i would have about 40 muskets OR 30 lb and 30 muskets, with 40 settlers(depending on how army production is focused) 10-20 on food 10-15 on wood... and 10 (and making more) for gold. manors maxed out at 7 min... half of which are made before and during aging to age 2.

dont go age 3 till 40 muskets have been made... and at least 20 settlers on food.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm

heated how the hell do u not hav at least 40 vils at 8 and a half mins wit SOME army?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh i did say you could get 40(i might have said 30 but i wasnt thinking if i put that) villigers at 8 mins. I just didnt mention anything about an army but that didnt mean you couldnt do it. You can have 26 villies by 5 mins with the british(Your age up is 30 secs later though). Sorry if i posted the wrong thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Civ Overview: British
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next