Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civ Overview: British

Go down 
+2
Heatedforce
BassetMan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

Civ Overview: British Empty
PostSubject: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:31 am

as posted on agecomm by GoodSpeed

British

Pros: Best boomers in the game, longbows make them hard to rush.

Cons: somewhat slow, mostly defensive in early stages, hoping to survive.

Difficulty: Hard

Best strategy: Colonial defensive boom.

British counters:

Vs Portuguese: Outboom.

Vs Spanish: Colonial defensive boom

Vs French: lb/pike rush while booming.

Vs Ottomans: defensive Colonial lb spam.

Vs Russians: Colonial lb spam (but there isn’t much hope) ((turtle FF??))

Vs Dutch: lb/pike rush while booming.

Vs British: Outboom.

Vs Germans: lb/pike rush while booming.

Civs British are best against: French, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Notes:

- There’s, imo, only 1 strong british strat, which is the colonial boom. Their ability to boom while keeping on spamming lb’s is awesome, and they can have dual barracks spam at 10 mins. Fast fortressing with Brits, I didn’t ever see the point in that, maybe a turtle against Russians…

- The British colonial boom takes a lot of practise to master, cs you have to be producing 3 things instead of 2. not just vils and military, also manors. And you must time this correctly.

- The discussion about the 1st card will always stay there, but I say 3 vils, not Virginia. (manors for 88 wood) only send Virginia if you have good wood treasures.

- HERD! Extra important as you will stay in colonial long and you’re in the defensive, so you’ll be vulnerable to raids. Keep your vils protected!

BO:

Colonial boom:

Age1: build as many manors as possible as soon as possible, do a 17 vill age-up (1st card 3 vils) with the 500f politician. Allocation when aging 14 wood 3 food. Build 1 or 2 manors while aging. TC waypoint on food.

Age2: build barracks right away and start spamming lb/pike (switch some (say 3/4) wood vils to food when you age). send 700 wood, after that 600 wood, then 5 vils. Build as many manors as you can and boom away. Never stop your lb/pike spam. If you’re rushing build your barracks forward, if not, put it backward. Build a second barracks as soon as you see your resources going up up up. 2 tower shipment can get ur vils good protection, otherwise just leave your army with them wherever they go. Keep spamming men until your eco is strong enough to go fortress (700 gold can be a blessing) without even stopping to spam men, and by this time you’ll have pretty much won the game. It’s that simple, but still hard.
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for this, it must have took some time to find and post.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:51 pm

This should seriously help lots!
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:58 pm

yea it took a lil while.. took todd longer to find out why i couldnt sticky em tho xD
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Oh can i add something to the post about the british, Basset?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:23 pm

mhm if u want me to post it up there jus PM it to me
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Well its more about the best british strat. I wouldnt say its a defensive colonial boom. I would say the best is a boom/rush(if there is a best strat). It depends and what units you like and what you like to do as brits. Just like those stupid arguements on what civ is best.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 pm

yea there r no "best" civs... but there r worst civs xD
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Lol. Hey also i wouldnt recommend using Longbows past age 3 or even in age 2 that much. They arent as good as they seem...
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:26 pm

In age 1 then? Civ Overview: British Confus11
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 am

Hahaha no. I can name some reasons why not to use them.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 pm

ah.. yeomen... those+musks+hussars+rockets.. kik ass army Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:21 pm

If you take out the yeoman than yes. Lbs have good range yea but it takes a second for them to fire becuase of a set up mode. Then all the lbs you have fire on the same unit. So basically it kills the unit but then you waste tons of arrows unless you micro every single lb. And they only get 24 attack in imperial age. Thats a few reasons not to use them.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm

no wit arsenal upgrades they hav more attack dont they? never checked..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Last time i used an imperial one it was 22(with upgrades). But that was awhile ago so it may be better. Anyways im not saying they suck completly. I would rather have 1 longbow than 2 crossbows. But i rather have a skirmisher than either of the two.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:40 pm

lonbows kill skirmishers cuz they shoot them about twice byy the time the skirmisher is close enough to shoot once..

i do agree tht those damn things take 4eva to reload but tht shows how slow skirms r..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:11 pm

yea. Problem is skirms can hit and run the longbows. Longbows cant do that to the skirms. Skirms hit them while that 1 sec wait before they fire then run away and repeat....
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:27 am

dont work cuz ur forgettin bout the LBs range dude.. like 5 more than skirms mayb 10 dont remeber exactly.. so the skirms get shot again while runnin away lol
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Lol Skirms 20 range(i think) lbs 22 range. Its really not that big unless they are imperial longbows who have 26 range.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm

i was talkin impp age.. industrial age.. wit cards and arsenal..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Oh o kthen. You are right, lol. Sorry about the mix up.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 pm

yea its ok.. i can c how ur talkin colonial.. then ur right tongue

make longbows musks dragoons and cannon and its almost impossible to beat.. found tht out the hard way..

early game i like musk+LB for brits.. very good early game army..

its almost like the skirm ruyter cannon of dutch...

Last edited by BassetMan on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Yea musk/lb is good early game. But skirms can beat them(in colonial) and they have bad seige. But other then that, its a good strat. Why i posted it first on my strat thread, lol.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:07 am

its called the 3 hussar card... then once u actually get tht far i hope u hav a stable up..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civ Overview: British   Civ Overview: British Empty

Back to top Go down

Civ Overview: British
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next