Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Russia strats for heated

Go down 
+4
BassetMan
canadianstorm_12
Keevan 0
Heatedforce
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

Russia strats for heated Empty
PostSubject: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Well im switching to russia for awhile for a change. And i know their units and gameplay will be different from my blue british muskets and boomer strats. So i need some good strating strats for russia or such. I was hoping to make a musket (of course) and cossack rush but i see the same flaw in that, that there is with the musket/hussar strat for the brits. So please tell me some strats or tips. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0
Non-Administrating Community Manager
Non-Administrating Community Manager
Keevan 0

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 pm

To make a good strategy with Russia, you need to incorporate the idea that mass infantry (and artillery, the Russians have fairly good artillery.) would be best to use as a counter to fb's, especially British fb's that spam muskets. The best strategy I find when playing as the Russians is to use cavalry as a frontal assault and flank the enemy with infantry. If used right, it works wonders.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Ok thanks Keevan. I will try that.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!
canadianstorm_12

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:59 am

well theres a bit you can do if you ff and fb then you can use the 3 forts for that and make sure to get the card that allows unique russian improvemnts from the church so that you can spam infantry in a matter of seconds,sorry i cant be much help but i havnt played in a while, also a cossack,strelet rush is a good one 2 if u can manage it.
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks Canadian ill try that too.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:40 pm

well... keep in mind tht russian muskets suck a**... 20% worse than the usual musket... cossack strelet rush is prob the most deadly rush in the game if done fast enough

best thing to do gainst a brit is to age up to 2nd age then send ur 5 cossacks card and while raiding them (they will usually turtle since ur russia) FF or major league boom... DONT PLAY THE BRITS ON A WATER MAP

brits r the only civ i struggle gainst s russia... them and germans..
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Ok thanks but brits ussally boom while making some lbs or muskets for defense. Then while there eco is supremelly better against rush civs like ottos and russia in the game, they attack with their units whichever combinations they use and can overwelm you with their continuous stream of units.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:18 pm

yes but their age 2 units would suck gainst age 3 units...
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Yea except for muskets and advanced grens , hussars mights do alright also. But yea most age 2 units they have would suck against age 3 like longbows and unimproved grens.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 pm

make some cav archers cossacks and strelets... then watch ur army dominate anyone in age 2 still lol
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 11:07 pm

lol i will thanks.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 pm

ok i found this strat (copied from A414A's site)

When you face a Russian player in a 1v1, you think to yourself, " this guy is going to a** Strelets so I'll just que up some Hussars and own him".

Well, what if the player took an unexpected route? What will you do then?

Cards Most Important

- Distributivism
- 700 Food, wood, coin
- 600 Food and coin
- 5 Cossacks (Age 2)

Cards That May Come In Handy

- TEAM Dueling School
- 5 Cavalry Archers (Age 3)
- 11 Musketeers (Age 3)
- 5 Grenadiers (Age 3)
- 8 Halberdiers (Age 3)
- 2 Falconets (Age 3)
- 6 Oprichniks (Age 3)
- 9 Highlanders
- 1000 Food and wood
- 2 Factory cards

Discovery

- Send 3 settlers to herd (shoot towards TC)
- 2 settlers collect crates
- Que villagers to food
- Send Explorer to find resources, TP sites, opponent's TC, and collect treasures.
- After crates are collected, send one of the settlers to make houses (using all wood), and the other to food.
- All villagers must be on food.
- First card is Distributivism.
- Age up with 14 settlers.
- Choose 400 wood politician.

Transition

- Switch 4-5 villagers from food to coin.
- Send 1 villager that's gathering coin to somewhere near opponents TC for a FB, a good place for a FB is near a resource (mine, herd, berries) or maybe even a TP.

Colonial

- Collect the 400 wood you got from the age up.
- Que settlers to food.
- You should have atleast, 9-10 on food, 4-5 on coin.
- Using the wood from age up, make a FB and a stable next to it (With Distributivism, you mostly likely have 500-600 wood after collecting the 400 wood).
- Second card should be 5 Cossacks.
- After making FB and a stable, make houses with leftover wood.
- Once you have 15-16 settlers on food, que up some settlers to coin.
- Send the 5 Cossacks you got from shipment to raid.
- Que up some Musketeers and Cossacks from the FB and stable.
- Attack opponent when you have 15 Musketeers and 7+ Cossacks (including the 5 from shipment). Keep making Musketeers and Cossacks. Micro well (Musketeers against cav, if there is any, and Cossacks against light infantry. If there is any Pikemen, let Cossacks run away and use Musketeers to kill them. Send Cossacks back in when there is no anti-cav).
- Third card should be 700 food
- Keep constant villager production.
- Fourth card should be 700 coin or 600 food.
- Build a market and research improvements for a boost.
- No settlers should be on wood, let Distributivism handle the wood.
- Make houses with excess wood.
- Start aging when you have an advantage over your opponent. Choose any politician.
- Cards during Fortress are up to you.

Make a TP if you can!

So, in conclusion, what you have done is fooled your opponent. Your opponent might have thought you were going Strelets, and a** Strelets. But, instead, you took a different route. Your Musketeers counter the cav your opponent probably made to counter your Strelets. If there are any light infantry, your Cossacks will handle.

now this is the basic thing i follow wit russia.. difference is i make 17 vils age 1 then make strelets and cossacks age 2... gets u alot more cossacks wit like 30 strelets mayb round 7 mins if done rite
but the musks work jus as well

Last edited by BassetMan on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 pm

When/if I get the time, I'll try this. Smile
Back to top Go down
RenegadeBiscuit
RenegadeBiscuit

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 am

I don't have a statergy, if i'm under attack i just mindlessly spam strelets!
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 11:19 am

Strats are kind of to avoid coming under attack.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 5:41 pm

RenegadeBiscuit wrote:
I don't have a statergy, if i'm under attack i just mindlessly spam strelets!

lmao dont expect to make it past private then... wat if they come wit cav? ur screwed?
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Is russia a really good rushing civ or is there better!
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 5:57 pm

russia or ottos.. soiux r really good tho but u dont hav TWC..
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 pm

kk which would you suggest? cause I need a rushing civ. And ottos? don't they boom better then rush?
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks for the strat Basset. And about the ottos no! They have one of the worst econs in the game becuase they have an awsome early rush. Ottos have free settlers(they spawn extrememly slow though this can be improved) and strong muskets(jans) along with early artillry(abus guns and grens). Russia has a decent econ(at least in my experiences) and can make units fast but they are weak.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:55 am

So you suggest ottos or russians?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 7:17 pm

based on seein u play u like the late game stuff no? if u like to rush and hav a crappy eco go wit ottos or u want a good eco wit a lot more variety in strats go russians cuz wit ottos its this.. FF, Jan+abus, Jan hussar, abus hussar... thts about it
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 5:40 pm

I like Russia better personally but its based on your play style. If you like more fexibility, use Russia. If you like to use strong units and use about the same strat every game, use the Ottos. So Charles i sugest playing the comp with both of them, and see which you like better.
Back to top Go down
canadianstorm_12
Royal Empires League United GOD, knows all!
canadianstorm_12

Number of posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:22 am

russia is deffinitly better than ottos
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Agreed! Very Happy But again, it totally depends on your play style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russia strats for heated   Russia strats for heated Empty

Back to top Go down

Russia strats for heated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next