Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to debate: The chatbox

Go down 
+6
Keevan 0
BassetMan
Charles3
SA_Osiris_
Kong Harald 6.
Darren1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin
Darren1

Number of posts : 3487

Time to debate: The chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:40 am

So, a recent discussion has now became a debate.

Pick your side, play rough and naughty - Just don't switch sides Wink

Remember, this is the final decision of our chatbox. I'm not making this decision alone, were all debating this...I wont though ( I'm such a loser ay? ).

So go on, debate your hearts out for the next 2 weeks and decide the fate of our glorious chatbox Cool

The prizes will be awarded at the end to the winning TEAM Razz
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 pm

You actually encourage us to play rough and naughty? Neutral

Remove le chatbox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

Number of posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Considering Kong said Remove the Chatbox....

Keep the chatbox
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

Number of posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 pm

LMAO!!! lol!

Very Happy

I don't think removal of the chat box is gonna do anyhting. We had TONS of conversations on that chat thingy and its worth keeping just for that reason. Sure we don't go on it much but it doesn't mean we won't. As I said before its not taking up any space so why should we worry? It only makes our forums look bigger and look like there is more to them. Keeping them is the best thing. Its like an iphone. Does it need GPS? Nope. Why does it have it? Cause the more it has the better it appears. Why is it so popular? Cause of all it can have. Apps, music, phone... but countless apps! Useless apps but apps all the same! Thats what makes it amazing. THe APPS!

I say keep the chat box because we have more important things to worry about. Like getting new members to this forum. And when new members see a chatbox at the bottom of the page they think its pretty damn cool. Also when U have a chat box it encourages to spamming. Why? Because instead of talking back and forth on some topic for an hour and posting back and forth for 20 posts they can just go to the CHAT BOX.

So I say KEEP IT!

Because,

1. It looks Cool
2. takes up to useful space
3. Incourages people not to spam.
4. Adds things to the forum
5. And because of all the chats we have had there Razz Its like getting ride of memories haha. Like the time you banned me for saying f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***.... lol darren Very Happy

I'm sure you guys can think of more? The chatbox is not hurting anything. And if anything its helping! So lets keep it.
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes, I have lots more for you Charlie. Very Happy

Firstly:
It does definitely not look cool. In my opinion, that is.
Secondly: How does it take up useful space? If the chat box is going to be removed the "space" is too.
Thirdly: I have never experienced anyone talking back and forth about anything off-topic that would be natural to talk about in a chat box. Well, except for Adam and Shawn a couple of times, but they have got Xfire. >.>
Fourthly: Adds "things" to the forums? Well, yeah, but is it a thing we need? Haven't you heard the "less is more"?
Fifthly: How is it memories if the archives get deleted regularly?

There's actually more spam in the chat box right now than in any living thread on the forum.

Conclusion: remove the chat box. Smile

Now, where's Keevan? study
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 pm

Darren1 wrote:
I'm such a loser
+1 Stupid admin xD

Get rid of it? I mean if you have a member (now rel VIP) noticing that it looks unprofessional and under used then it needs to go.
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0
Non-Administrating Community Manager
Keevan 0

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Look cool? That's a matter of opinion. And therefore, cannot be used in this debate. So that's out of the argument.

Takes up space? If we wanted to, we could add megabytes and megabytes of useless empty space to the forum page. We have as much space as we need, and we don't need a chat box.

Encourage people not to spam? That's our job. And we're not doing such a bad job.

As for adding things to the forums, new members tend to join because things look nice, clean, and simple.

I'm not even going to discuss the memory thing. That's just nonsense.

In conclusion, remove it! We don't need it. It's unnecessary and unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

Number of posts : 3148

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:41 am

Remove...It's lame and buggy! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.rel-clan.usa.gs
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 am

Yea it takes awhile for your messages to be posted. And seriously, I think all users on recently have Xfire, its jsut a matter of whether they use it or not.

Speaking of which, charles sign on to xfire more damn it -.-
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:35 am

Charles3 wrote:
Useless apps but apps all the same! Thats what makes it amazing. THe APPS!
Some Apps are hidden on the iPhone and are not ALL on display page. Maybe move the chat to a certain thread designed for it, but not on the main page.

I say keep the chat box because we have more important things to worry about. Like getting new members to this forum. And when new members see a chatbox at the bottom of the page they think its pretty damn cool. Also when U have a chat box it encourages to spamming. Why? Because instead of talking back and forth on some topic for an hour and posting back and forth for 20 posts they can just go to the CHAT BOX.
Me and shawn post, and talk on xfire at the same time. the chat prevents nothing.
So I say KEEP IT!

Because,

1. It looks Cool
Not really
2. takes up to useful space
No? It just makes the forums longer than they have to be. Doesnt take up any space.
3. Incourages people not to spam.
Lmfao. Thats all I can say. Have you read some of the active threads?
4. Adds things to the forum
We dont need more things, because eventually it becomes clutter, which is terrible when you wanna attract people Neutral
5. And because of all the chats we have had there Razz Its like getting ride of memories haha. Like the time you banned me for saying f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***.... lol darren Very Happy
I remmeber having 2 chats in there, both of which were really laggy and no fun

I'm sure you guys can think of more? The chatbox is not hurting anything. And if anything its helping! So lets keep it.

My answers are bolded in his post for you "people" that didnt know.
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 am

haha memories are a personal thing Razz

A lot of people used it. I say we keep it because its at the bottom of the page.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Charles... You need to start using X-Fire or else me and bassetman will hunt you down until we find you and beat you up until you say "yes i will go onto X-Fire".... and if you dont.. ill get my cat oscar after you xD
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Charles3 wrote:

I say keep the chat box because we have more important things to worry about. Like getting new members to this forum.
Removing the chat box takes two seconds.

Getting new members requiers planning and some good ol' recruiting work. Smile
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:54 pm

And thats officers/clan leader job. Darren, Todd, Polarsun.. all those admins arnt officers (or are never on, not to point fingers, TODD) and keevan idk id have to look xD

But darren only spends time on forums xD
Back to top Go down
Keevan 0
Keevan 0

Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:13 am

I was on AoE this morning and found myself kicked from the clan. Which is not cool.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:07 am

Which clan? Hope it wasnt the new one -.-
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 am

Um, Keeven, I didnt kick you, i didnt go on aoe3 until after 1pm.

I dont go to bed until at 4am >.>

So it must of been the old clan -.-
Back to top Go down
Darren1
Technical Admin
Technical Admin
Darren1

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Let's TRY to stay on the CORRECT debating topic please Wink
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 pm

What's there more to debate?

This thread pretty much shows that the chat box should be removed.
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Chat box removed... Everyone us X-fire Charles... that means you too buddy but your probably not going too Bang
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 pm

The chat boxmakes the forums look bigger and therefore better. It's just something extra that we throw in. While we don't use it there is no saying that we won't.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 am

Yea there is. I never even look at it. How many people here actually scroll down? *looks at charles lonely hand*

Since when is bigger better?
Back to top Go down
SA_Osiris_
REL VIP
REL VIP
SA_Osiris_

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 am

Since... it was in?? i really don't know xD
Back to top Go down
Charles3
REL VIP
REL VIP
Charles3

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 am

Ah well. -.-

the chatbox is simply a matter of opinion and most of u guys chose to remove.. So it's been removed... Basterds Razz
Back to top Go down
UNKOWN!!!!!!
UNKOWN!!!!!!

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 am

Yes remove the gay dam thing no 1 is using it and it looks gay

and omg im so proud of myself i start another debate thingy
so far ive made 2 eg
the multi-accounts and now the chat box

so so proud

Muhahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to debate: The chatbox   Time to debate: The chatbox Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to debate: The chatbox
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next