Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cheesehat
cheesehat

Number of posts : 7

Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) Empty
PostSubject: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:36 am

Hello fellow gamers, this is a guide to sioux by a n00b that can't find the age up button, thinks the resign button is how you train units and pulls the computer plug when he thinks he is turning off the rice cooker...

Anyway, now that I have admitted to being a n00b, lets get on with the strat!

The sioux are a versitile civilisation with fast horsies and a balanced infantry army. Their Cetan Bows are stronger than Xbows (albeit more expensive), War Clubs similar to pikes and Wakina Rifles on par with Skirmishers. Axe Riders are a stronger, more expensive version of the Uhlan, Bow Riders completely kill cavalry and RR act as a dragoon and skirmisher both in one.

So as we can see, Sioux has a very dominant military both early game and late game. Their economy, however, is subpar. They are the only Native civilisation without the 5 settler card. Also, let us take a concrete example. We are rushing with Aztecs. The war priests+Explorer can combine for a fast EXP trickle and thus our economy can be supported through shipments. All Age2 Iroquois units cost food and wood, meaning their economy is very easy to manage. Sioux, however, are not quite the same. Their warchief makes units faster. A successful Age2 Sioux army requires all three resources. In addition, they have no real boom (other than fertility boom), which is really only viable age3.

This being said, we must follow common sense thinking; Maximize the advantages, minimise the disadvantages.

In other words, we must use our military to destroy them before the they can outboom you.

Sioux have Axe Riders, Bow Riders, Cetan Bows and War Clubs in age2. Rifle Riders and Wakina Rifles are added in age3. Axe Riders are extremely powerful, fast heavy cavalry while Bow Riders completely obliterate any mounted warrior they see. Therefore we see a cavalry based army could work. Cetan/Club is like Xbow/Pike except that the cetan are stronger. An infantry based army is also possible. If you decide to semi-FF, RR+AR is a strong, three unit combo (remember RR=Skirmisher AND a dragon?)

Let us now say, you decide to stay in Colonial age and duke it out here.

Unit Combination One:
Axe Rider + Bow Rider (Use against civilisations reliant on Ranged Infantry and Cavalry)

In this unit combination, Axe Riders are supposed to take care of crossbows and other light infantry while Bow Riders use their high ROF to take out cavalry-purposed anti-cavalry (i.e. anything except muskets) and other cavalry like hussars. The weakness of this unit combination is the Light Cavalry unit, and since only Sioux have age2 Light Cavalry...it is a pretty solid combo. The siege damage is par, however, and you will need infantry support sooner or later for the kill (or go fortress w/siege dance)

Age1: 15 settler ageup. Age with 400 wood.

Transition: 10 settlers on food, 5 on coin. Do not cut any wood. Sioux do not need houses, and 400 wood covers the cost of a corral. Afterwards you may cut a bit more for Trading posts and War Huts. Que up a few settlers here in case you forget afterwards.

Age2: Send 5 Axe Riders for 300 food (4 axe riders on ES1.01a). Make a corral and que up five axe riders (800 food, 200 coin). Keep the 10 axe riders together with your warchief and raid if you are on ES1.01a, SPLIT THEM UP INTO TWO GROUPS (meaning only one gets warchief speed bonus) and go on raids. During this time you should be aiming to que five bow riders.

First Choice: Send 700 coin next and try to age up with 10 Axe Riders and 5 bow riders raiding. I personally find this the correct choice. You should be up at ~9-10 minutes. Age up with the Bison dude, and start RR spamming. AR+RR+Siege dance=GG

Second Choice: Stick up a war hut and spam War Clubs. This is rather pointless for 2 reasons. This is NOT viable on ES1.01a, the AS fan patch gave war clubs 5 more hp Razz

* Their Siege attack fails
* You already have anti-cav
* You won't gain anything from including another anti-cav unit
* You are wasting resources

Unit Combination Two: Axe Rider, War Club (Use against civilisations likely to make cavalry )

Age1: 15 settler ageup. 400 wood politician.

Transition: 10 on food, 5 on wood. Que up settlers in case you forget later on.

Age2: Make a War Hut. Ship 5 Axe Riders for 300 food (or 4 Axe Riders on ES1.01a). War Hut should be able to que about 7 war clubs. Split your army into two groups: Axe Riders+Explorer, War Clubs. War clubs are quite fast and have a decent hand attack (10) and can be used to finish off weak settlers or create a distraction somewhere while your cav kill his army. Ideally, you want to have 10+ war clubs and 8 Axe Riders at ~7-8 minutes and attack. War clubs have a fail siege attack so don't engage directly. This time you want to stay in colonial and finish it. Throw up a Corral if you need more Axe Riders, mix cetans in if necessary. War Clubs are like a slower Rodelero - they beat Pikes but fail vs Muskets. Their siege also fails.

A major part of this unit combination is when to attack, when not to attack. While you will always end up attacking, you must time when to attack. War clubs defeat Pikes easily, leaving your Axe Riders to mop up any loose crossbows. If he has Hussar+Xbow or Hussar+Skirm in the case of dutch, War Clubs on Hussar and Axe Riders on RI. This is a very micro-intensive unit combination (not like abus laming) but is very successful against most civilisation.

The Evening Star card is there also. Walk into his base with Axe Riders+Clubs, face his Musk+Hussar, turn ur Axe Riders into RR...

Unit Combination Three: Bow Rider+Cetan Bow

This is a very difficult combination to pull off considering all three resources are needed. Despite my many attempts I cannot successfully use this strat. I can't get a goode nough masss and get run over by 9999999999 xbows. I got pwnt by it once, If only I remember the username Razz

You might wonder why I missed out on the most OP strat of all, the Sioux 9-Axe Rider Semi-FF written for TWC PATCH 1.03. Well, I hope that answers your question. Actually, it is still very viable, roughly 8 minute age up to fortress with a shipment to go. What I have actually touched on here are unit combinations used for rushing against different civilisations. There is nothing wrong with a 9-Axe Rider semi-FF, there just wasn't a place for it here.

Good luck beating Nerfed Japan with your OP RR!
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:56 am

and for everyone w/out the fanpatch.. dont play gainst japan..
Back to top Go down
cheesehat
cheesehat

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 am

Actually Sioux Club+Axe Rider w/Evening star>Japan Razz but u need good micro and fast
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:26 am

Is the fan-patch used by the majority?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:09 pm

majority of 1st LT up.. otherwise no

an ashi spam would kill tht.. depending on if u can outmass him or not
Back to top Go down
cheesehat
cheesehat

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Unfortunately all the lv16 noobs lame Japan and India and are STILL lv16, showing how bad they suck.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 am

yea.. thts y u need to play nilla to get any REAL ranked ppl in a game.. even then tho..
Back to top Go down
cheesehat
cheesehat

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:52 am

I was saying its sad how someone has a lv131 HC wiht japan but sucks crap....
'
I didnt say they were smurfs...

Back on topic, any new sioux strats?
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:06 pm

i saw someone with a bunch of 120 HCs and had a 10% win and was lvl 1..

lets see.. FF.. RR/AR... BR.. clubs and bows... 10 mercenary guys from HC..i cant think of any more
Back to top Go down
Oxydizer
REL VIP
REL VIP
Oxydizer

Number of posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:45 pm

cetan bow and war club rush, about 20 bows and 27 clubs at 8 min, rush spam more clubs and bows, if you havnt won yet, go age 3 and spam rr.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:41 pm

if u dont win wit the first u lose cuz if they r smart they will counter u while u age..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)   Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Assorted Sioux Strategies (ES1.01a and AS FP1.1)
Page 1 of 1