Royal Empires League United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ottoman Questions

Go down 
+4
Tom_L
Toddster
Heatedforce
Maikh
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Maikh

Number of posts : 226

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Following HeatedForce's example about the British, I'm free to answer questions about the Ottomans, or ottos for abreviation.

The following info is about the TAD patch 1.01a.

Basic info about the ottos:
- Settlers, villagers or vils spawn from the Town Center at no cost, but slower than normal settlers (48 seconds vs 25 seconds).
- Mosques are like churches, but at half the cost (100 wood) and generate a 0.4 xp per second trickle. At the mosque, the ottos can research faster spawning vils and increasing vil limit (withouth technologies the ottos can only get 25 vils).
- They only have one kind of infantry (janissaries or jans), that act like musketeers, but they have abus guns (at the artillery foundry, who act like ranged infantry); they have two kinds of cavalry: hussars and cavalry archers; and they have many kinds of artillery: abus guns, grenadiers, falconets, culverins, great bombards, horse artillery and mortars.

More advanced info:
- Rushing is one of the most used strategies of the ottos. The problem is that your adversaries will be expecting this, making it less efective.
- Turtling sucks as ottos, as their economy sucks, so they won't be able to keep up with units production.
- Boom is much better in the current patch, but still very weak. Yet, don't underestimate the power of the 2 TC shipment in Industrial Age, after you've researched all the techs at the mosque. This means 3 settlers every 30 SECONDS! COST FREE! The problem is a bit obvious, getting there.
- Fast Fortress (FF) works very well, because your adversary will be expecting a rush, and the Otto Fortress shipments are very strong: 2 cannons, janissary improvement, 8 jans, 5 spahi, 5 mamelukes, etc. There are also specific build orders (BOs) to get to Fortress As Fast As Possible (ASAP) and shipping 5 spahi right away, or 5 mamelukes. They're the best hand cavalry in the game.

By the way (BTW), the abreviations and acronyms are just to help new players to write faster.
I can also answer questions about vanilla (Age3) or TWC.
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Number of posts : 387

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Well im curious about the Ottomans. I have only played them twice agaisnt the comp. Could you rush with grenadiers and Jans like the british do with muskets and grens?
Back to top Go down
Toddster
Admin
Admin
Toddster

Number of posts : 3148

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 pm

I used to be able to have a nice rush with Ottomans, but if you fail the attack, you will fail the match because of how much resources it uses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rel-clan.usa.gs
Tom_L
X360 Manager
X360 Manager
Tom_L

Number of posts : 433

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:32 am

i have playd otto basically from age3-twc-tad continuosly and wuld be happt to help aswell.

me and a mate recently decided to try sum 2v2 rushes combos
we found that otto and idia make quite a nice combo, with india maki zamz and otto making abus, onli thing u lack is good siege BUT that can be helped with grens when u start to take advantage of the game..

i find the best otto rush is abus/jann hittin 15/10 in around 8-9 mins if all goes well

and in 2v2 just doing a solid jann spam and your team making wat ever you need to help works well, ohh and can forget the classic but extremely dangerous revolt in under ten mins
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 pm

A jan/hussar is strong also. Beat my Musket/hussar strat but i messed it up by making lbs half after the second skirmish i lost with my muskets/hussars.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Number of posts : 3815

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Tom_L wrote:

i find the best otto rush is abus/jann hittin 15/10 in around 8-9 mins if all goes well

um... wat if they flank wit cav kill ur abus and hav a buncha musks waitin for ur jans?
Back to top Go down
Tom_L
X360 Manager
X360 Manager
Tom_L

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:37 pm

janz > musks
Back to top Go down
Heatedforce
REL VIP
REL VIP
Heatedforce

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Yea they do. Thats why a jan/hussar beats a musket/hussar if the players have the same micro skills.
Back to top Go down
Tom_L
X360 Manager
X360 Manager
Tom_L

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 pm

and in asnwer to basset, that is were u micro come into play, u hed your janz to the cav and then abus guns to the musks, not the hard
Back to top Go down
James246

Number of posts : 141

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 12:52 am

Quote :
More advanced info:
- Rushing is one of the most used strategies of the ottos. The problem is that your adversaries will be expecting this, making it less efective.

Most people rush with every civ, so, their always expecting it. Plus, altough they know a Jan/Abus rush is coming, doesn't mean they can beat it! Jan/Abus beats every other Colonial Combo.

Quote :
- Boom is much better in the current patch, but still very weak. Yet, don't underestimate the power of the 2 TC shipment in Industrial Age, after you've researched all the techs at the mosque. This means 3 settlers every 30 SECONDS! COST FREE! The problem is a bit obvious, getting there.

Boom is the most worst solution for the ottos. Every other civ will outboom you. Unless, you get to Fortress, and get 3 TC's up. Also, 2 TC card is a waste in Age 4, as you should have 3 TC's up in Age 3 if you want to boom/if the game goes on.

Quote :

- Fast Fortress (FF) works very well, because your adversary will be expecting a rush, and the Otto Fortress shipments are very strong: 2 cannons, janissary improvement, 8 jans, 5 spahi, 5 mamelukes, etc. There are also specific build orders (BOs) to get to Fortress As Fast As Possible (ASAP) and shipping 5 spahi right away, or 5 mamelukes. They're the best hand cavalry in the game.

I believe cuarissaries (french cav) are better.

Ottomans best strategy, is a Janissary/Abus rush. Beats every other possible Colonial Combo.

Last edited by Darren1 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix the quote)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ausblueseals.com
BassetMan
BassetMan

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 pm

muskets cost 25 food and gold less tho soz they can make a lot more of em...

and i understand micro but it depends on how long u can hold out on tht b4 his musks annhiliate ur jans lol
Back to top Go down
James246

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 5:09 am

That's why you have Abus Guns....

And, if you just rush with Jans (which is stupid) you'll have 15 Jans @ 5:30 while the British guy has maybe 5 or 6.... So yeh. Do the maths.

If you do rush with Jans, you just gotta keep up the pressure, contain the British, and don't let them boom.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 pm

contain the british.. LOL... thtts really hard to do.. funny thing is tht its the most obvious thing todo tho...
Back to top Go down
HenriqueNeffa
HenriqueNeffa

Number of posts : 39

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:45 pm

I always only make Jans and in like 8-9 minutes of game I already have 35 Jans to atack the opponent... and I'm always winning...
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Not if you were playing against me. Razz

But seriously, buy 8-9 mins I have 40 strelets and 9 cossacks which I am riding you with.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Kong Harald 6. wrote:
Not if you were playing against me. Razz

But seriously, buy 8-9 mins I have 40 strelets and 9 cossacks which I am riding you with.

haha

well yea if u go straight strelet wit russia and no eco u can hav round 100 b the 10 min mark wit 9 cossacks from shipments... tht is >>> than 35 jans...
Back to top Go down
Maikh

Number of posts : 226

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 1:52 pm

What James246 said about what I posted is obviously right.
Except the booming part. I mean, it used to be impossible, now it is possible... if your opponents are asleep and their computer crashes due to be 492 hours turned on, waiting for the boom to happen...
Seriously, I don't know why I wrote that...
I didn't have much experience on the game, my rating is what it is because of my ability to move the mouse fast... comparing to people I know... who make me want to take the mouse out of their hands, sit down and play myself... which I do know...
Back to top Go down
Kong Harald 6.

Number of posts : 4617

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Maikh wrote:
I didn't have much experience on the game, my rating is what it is because of my ability to move the mouse fast... comparing to people I know... who make me want to take the mouse out of their hands, sit down and play myself... which I do know...

This frustrates me so much too. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
James246

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 am

Quote :
Kong Harald 6. wrote:
Not if you were playing against me.

8-9 minutes? Wow.... Well, by about 8-9 minute's I'd be able to have about 25 Jans and 20 Abus with 3 Hussars. And screwing your whole entire army over.

Or, I could be rushing you early with 10 Jans 10 Abus and 3 Hussars extremely early.

Or, I could be making Hussars killing your Strelets and have Jans to take your musks and cossacks.

Therefore, GG if I micro right.
Back to top Go down
BassetMan
BassetMan

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 pm

and if kong sits there sleeping... he will micro too...

in the case of the abus guns.. i ALWAYS set up my eco to b able to spam cossacks by the 8 min mark at least... then mayb 10 musks rest strelets..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ottoman Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ottoman Questions   Ottoman Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Ottoman Questions
Page 1 of 1